who to tell.. who not to tell....

MsBatt
on 11/12/12 12:55 am

If you tell anyone, tell everyone. Ever heard the saying that two people can keep a secret, if one of them is dead? (*grin*)

If you choose to keep your WLS a secret, be prepared for the things people will say when you suddenly lose a lot of weight. You know, like "Oh, I heard she's got cancer!" or "Oh, I heard she's snorting crack!"

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/12 5:51 pm, edited 11/9/12 5:52 pm

You are not FAT, you just have some Extra body to keep your Big Heart ! Never give up on things angel  

Valerie G.
on 11/10/12 4:32 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I told everyone and got an overwhelming amount of support...even at work. 

My mother was scared to death for me, but knew there was no changing my mind.  My dad was proud that I was brave enough to take such a drastic step in the name of my health. 

The people at work were my cheerleaders the whole way down.

You must consider that not telling your family what you're doing, that they will eventually find out and be extremely offended that you kept it from them.  I would suggest that you inform them of what they are doing, and that you would love their support, but to keep their criticisms to themselves.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

pcballott
on 11/11/12 8:33 pm
RNY on 11/20/12

I told everyone, my family and coworkers were very supportive.  Even my employer was extremely supportive.  My husband has been a little quiet about it, but he is okay with it.  In any case, it would not matter to me who would support it or not, it would not stop me from having the surgery.

Most Active