5 Months out Bypass, have Twisted Bowl

AKelley1981
on 11/13/12 6:39 am - OH

I have had on going pain since my surgery. however many trips to the ER, they would say it was i my head. Saturday I went to  the ER again for the pains I was having. They did a CT said they did not see anything and sent me home. I went to the doctors yesterday. She reviewed my films. My have twisted bowls. They are not horrible. However its enough to make me freak about getting put under again.

Kat1313
on 11/13/12 8:37 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

I'm sorry you've been going through all this - don't you hate it when they tell you it's all in your head?  Idiots,  Hope you are feeling better soon!

MsBatt
on 11/13/12 11:22 am

They may not be "horrible" YET, but you need to get them treated NOW. A bowel obstruction can kill you, and it's honestly the worst pain I've ever experienced.

AKelley1981
on 11/13/12 2:19 pm - OH
Thank you! I just scared. I don't like being out under. I know it needs to be done
Carol S.
on 11/13/12 7:44 pm - Milwaukee, WI

It is scary but think of how much better you will feel once it is fixed.  

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

cathysimmons58
on 11/14/12 1:00 am - Lewisville, NC

that is weird...   I get a bad pain in my stomach and I was just telling a friend of mine that I felt like my intestines were twisted!  My pain isn't all the time it is on and off... but when it hurts it hurts...  My doctor told me to only come back if it kept hurting...  I hope everything turns out okay for you.

AKelley1981
on 11/14/12 2:37 am - OH
Cathy, that is how my pain is. Have him sceduaonyou for a CT. I would have never know since the ER doctor said it was nothing. It's no joke. I learned 40% who suffer from this die
ChristineB
on 11/14/12 8:09 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On November 13, 2012 at 2:39 PM Pacific Time, AKelley1981 wrote:

I have had on going pain since my surgery. however many trips to the ER, they would say it was i my head. Saturday I went to  the ER again for the pains I was having. They did a CT said they did not see anything and sent me home. I went to the doctors yesterday. She reviewed my films. My have twisted bowls. They are not horrible. However its enough to make me freak about getting put under again.

I had 2 partial bowel obstructions (Jan & Jul of this yr). Just this last Wedn I had the adhesions cleaned up laproscopically and they also did a small bowel resection. They took a wait and see approach with the first obstruction and then after I had the second one they scheduled me for the above surgery. My PCP concurred with this also. NOW, the surgery does not guarantee that the adhesions won't come back and I will not have anymore obstructions. . .  but it does give me peace of mind knowing that I should not have to take any ambulance rides in the near future for an obstruction - which was horribly painful.

I am going to guess that your doc mentioned to you pre WLS of the dangers of the twisting, obstructions or adhesions?

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

AKelley1981
on 11/14/12 10:14 am - OH
No I was not warned. Did not know.
Most Active