Wanted to say hi

KendraB1
on 11/14/12 1:22 pm - DE
RNY on 11/05/12

Hi, I am Kendra. I just had gastric bypass Monday 11-5-12 in Wilmington, DE. Can't wait to dive in to everything on OH!

ChristineB
on 11/14/12 7:59 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On November 14, 2012 at 9:22 PM Pacific Time, KendraB1 wrote:

Hi, I am Kendra. I just had gastric bypass Monday 11-5-12 in Wilmington, DE. Can't wait to dive in to everything on OH!

Happy that you came in and said - Hey!

Come back when you can and ask any questions that you might have. Try to keep them to general questions because we are not clinicians and have no medical training.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/12 2:53 am

Hi Kendra!  Welcome aboard.  Now you get to really start your journey!  Post anytime because there is always people on the board here that can help you, day or night.  OH is the first thing I get onto everyday.  It has become such a part of my life right now and let it be here to help you too!  Take and care and drink your fluids.  That is more important than anything right now since you just had your surgery. I call WLS surgery Mr.Toad's Wild Ride because it is about the only way I can describe it!  kiss  Jane

Allison P.
on 11/15/12 6:54 am - Santa Cruz, CA
How is your pain, what are you taking and are you short of breath?
KendraB1
on 11/18/12 4:51 pm - DE
RNY on 11/05/12

Allison- I have zero pain. I am not taking any pain meds. I had liquid tylenol/codeine my first day home from the hospital, none since then. I am not short of breath. Luckily, I am doing great. Just trying to get as much movement in as possible and waiting for the ok to start strenth training!

Kendra

Allison P.
on 11/19/12 2:40 am - Santa Cruz, CA

I am doing better. Some discomfit from gas and constipation. I am starting a few puréed items today...the beginning of second week. Do you think that that is ok?

KendraB1
on 11/19/12 3:57 pm - DE
RNY on 11/05/12

I would think so. I am not a doctor or healthcare professional but I only had to be on a liquid diet for two days before and 2 days after surgery. I started pureed foods my 2nd day home.  If you're not having any trouble, I'd call the doctor and just check with her/him to be sure it's ok.

KendraB1
on 11/18/12 4:49 pm - DE
RNY on 11/05/12

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/12 2:58 am

Kendra, by the way, come on to the RNY forum also.  Also check out ALL the forums as far as the VSG and DS and Lapband to help you learn about these procedures and how they work.  Most people tend to stay to their own forum, but in the end all WLS patients need the same  support and guidance.  Jane

Most Active