Craziest thing

Wrapdiva
on 11/15/12 3:09 am - Auburn Hills, MI
RNY on 11/05/12

I'm 10 days from RNY surgery & I have noticed the craziest thing....When I touch the skin around my belly button far away from my incision, there is NO sensation. It feels so weird! Almost like I have local anesthesia there. I'm sure this is from cut nerves but what a weird sensation. Does everyone have this happen?

"In order to ACHIEVE something different, you need to DO something different"

hollykim
on 11/15/12 3:29 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

yep

Valerie G.
on 11/15/12 3:55 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I have the same thing

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MrsLitch
on 11/15/12 5:25 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I already had a 3 inch strip over my tummy tuck incision with no feeling ever regained so I don't think I noticed it as much but 2 of my 5 incisions have less feeling so it doesn't surprise me you are seeing this.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

kathkeb
on 11/15/12 8:32 am

yes -- you do have anesthetic there -- and it will wear off -- so, you may experience soreness as you get farther away from your surgery than you did in the first few days.

I have more pain from my tummy tuck at 10 months out than I did at 1 week out because nerves and lymph systems are re-generating and anesthetic has long worn off

Pain - always consult your doctor (pain is God's way of telling us to take action)

Discomfort -- expect it to ebb and flow as you heal

Kath

stephie_j24
on 11/17/12 7:15 am - AZ

I have the same thing but I'm only 12 days post op, so I can't speak to the permanance of it.  However, I had two c-sections previously, and have a HUGE numb patch around my surgical sites from those, and they were many years ago.  

Most Active