Please help me. Twisted bowel surgery complications

AKelley1981
on 11/18/12 1:06 pm - OH

I had my gastric Bypass in June of 2012. Everything has been good. However I was getting these on and off again pains in my stomach. I had a CT dove last Monday. They discovered my bowel was twisted. I had surgery Thursday. I was told that during surgery they also found a hernia. I went home on Friday. So I knew I would be in pain. However I did not imagine I would be in such horrible pain. The top of my stomach above my  belly button I have a big lump. Looks really weird. I am still on a lot of pain. I did pick up a trash bag on Friday that was kind of heavy. I did not think it was that heavy.  I'm just wondering if I caused another hernia. Like I said I'm still on horrible pain. I did not want to call my doctor any sound like a freak. Anyone have any thoughts, 

Supergirl7877
on 11/18/12 1:58 pm
I have no experience with this. It wanted to stop in and encourage you to call your doctor. He's the expert...you're paying him...even at the risk of sounding like a freak, you really should call!!
Dave Chambers
on 11/18/12 3:12 pm - Mira Loma, CA

I would strongly urge to respect any "lifting limits" set by your surgeon for whatever period of time deemed necessary.  Lifting items 3 days past a hernaia surgeon isn't the best idea by any means.  My wife broke her wrist and needed surgery.  She had the wrist in a splint, and fell 3 times in 2 days after that surgery--she has neuropathy and can't feel her feet.  Surgeon thought he'd put her into rehab therapy for her wrist shortly, but I explained the fact that she kept falling. He then thought putting her wrist in a cast for the next 6-7 weeks was the best idea.  She still have issues NOT doing things that might perevent her from falling, or using her broken wrist to lift laundry baskets, push herself upright from a chair, etc.  Retraining your normal routine can be difficult to do for some patients. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

JJ_
on 11/18/12 8:20 pm

Horrible pain that is not controlled by the pain meds provided or prescribed is an issue.  Call the doctor!

Most Active