STARTED DUKE DIET, HAS ANYONE ELSE DONE THIS?

AMANDABENTLEY_20

on 1/6/13 4:54 am - GA
Revision on 07/31/13

ONE OF MY DR'S , STARTED ME TWO DAYS AGO ON A DIET CALLED THE DUKE DIET...A DIET INTENDED TO PUT YOUR BODY INTO KETOSIS, WHICH IS A PROCESS THAT MAKES YOUR BODY BURN FAT FOR FUEL, INSTEAD OF CARBS. IT'S A GREAT WAY THE DR SAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT REALLY FAST IF POUNDS ARE NEEDED TO BE LOST BEFORE SURGERY( I ONLY HAVE 30 LBS I CAN LOSE OR I WILL BE BELOW THE BMI FOR INS PURPOSES ) IT GIVES YOU LOTS OF ENERGY. JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE ELSE HAS DONE THIS DIET AND WHAT THE RESULTS WERE?

Valerie G.
on 1/6/13 5:25 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I've not heard of it.  How does it differ from Atkins, which is designed to do the same thing?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

AMANDABENTLEY_20

on 1/6/13 11:56 am - GA
Revision on 07/31/13

HI , Yeah it is very much like the Atkins.....I don't know much about the Atkins ....but what I do know, sounds a lot  like this one and nothing seems different. BUT, it could be slightly. I am going to ask my Dr. what the difference is for sure. I didn't have time on the visit I had with him........Thank you for your response :)

DebbieJean W.
on 1/6/13 8:32 am - Katy, TX
On January 6, 2013 at 12:54 PM Pacific Time, AMANDABENTLEY_2002 wrote:

ONE OF MY DR'S , STARTED ME TWO DAYS AGO ON A DIET CALLED THE DUKE DIET...A DIET INTENDED TO PUT YOUR BODY INTO KETOSIS, WHICH IS A PROCESS THAT MAKES YOUR BODY BURN FAT FOR FUEL, INSTEAD OF CARBS. IT'S A GREAT WAY THE DR SAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT REALLY FAST IF POUNDS ARE NEEDED TO BE LOST BEFORE SURGERY( I ONLY HAVE 30 LBS I CAN LOSE OR I WILL BE BELOW THE BMI FOR INS PURPOSES ) IT GIVES YOU LOTS OF ENERGY. JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE ELSE HAS DONE THIS DIET AND WHAT THE RESULTS WERE?

I have heard of it.  It's called the DUKAN DIET.  It differs from Atkins because it is high protein, low carb, low fat.  Whereas, Atkins is high protein, low carb, high fat.   I helped my husband through it in September and he lost 18 lbs in about a month(he only had about 30 to lose total).  It is a pretty easy diet where you don't feel very deprived.  He has kept all but about 2-3 lbs off during the holidays.  He is starting back on it this week to lose 10 more.  This website is very helpful... http://mydukandiet.com/   Best of luck to you!

(5 lbs lost during pre op diet)     5' 3"
AMANDABENTLEY_20

on 1/6/13 12:04 pm - GA
Revision on 07/31/13

OH Thank You, that makes total sense. Yes, it seems to be a very easy diet to adjust to and I haven't had any problems with it. Thank you for your response :) it helped ALOT

Most Active