I am a newbie. Just getting started

optimistic34
on 1/6/13 6:34 am - AL

hey everyone , i am new to this site and trying to educate myself and get ready for my journey......I have been struggling with my weight for over 15 yrs. i would diet and exercise and lose 20 to 30 lbs to just start gaining the weight back during the process.  I have done diet pills, personal trainers, dr weight loss programs etc....nothing has given me the results i need. My PCP reffered me to a bariatric dr last spring, but at the time my bmi had gone below 40 and i was told it would be difficult to get insurance to pay. So here i am 9 months later and going for my first consult on Wed. I am very nervous but hopeful to get my journey started. Any advice is welcome.

height 5'5.5"

WEIGHT 245

Lauren Vento
on 1/6/13 11:31 am - Lake Elsinore, CA
VSG on 09/08/12

Congratulations!  I started my process 14 months ago and I am 4 months post-op.  Just don't STOP!  I've seen so many people start the process and quit when they are ALMOST there because it became difficult.   Stay positive and keep on truckin!

Certified Life Coach & WLS Support Coach

sam1am
on 1/7/13 11:26 am

Welcome to OH!  My advice is to read as much as you can, research surgeries available to you and the best surgeon for the surgery you choose.  You're in for the ride of a lifetime!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

MsBatt
on 1/8/13 7:09 am

Pick your surgery type, then pick a surgeon who's had a lot of experience with that surgery type. There are four, although I wouldn't recommend the LapBand to anyone. The other three, in order of my personal choice, at the DS/Duodenal Switch, the VSG/Sleeve, and the RNY/gastric bypass.

Most Active