Are the Journey Vitamans really worth the money?

kthies04
on 1/31/13 11:49 am - St. Charles, MO

Hello,

I am 5 years post op.  I have regained about 25 pounds.  I am trying to get back on track including my vitamins.  I was just wondering if anyone else uses the Journey Vitamins?  They are a little pricey but if they help I will try them.  I am trying to get my vitamins in every day, but I do admit that I will forget since I have to space them out.  I would really appreciate your opinions.

Kelly

poet_kelly
on 1/31/13 1:14 pm - OH

They aren't worth the money at all.  They contain some forms of vitamins that are not absorbed well by WLS patients and there are much better choices (that also happen to be cheaper).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Laura in Texas
on 1/31/13 6:59 pm

Lots of controversy, plus last I heard this company had a problem actually mailing out their orders. I would not use them.

Here is a good blog post about them:

http://wlsvitagarten.com/2010/11/10/journey-vitamins-and-what-they-represent-to-the-wls-community/

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Valerie G.
on 1/31/13 10:36 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

They are not going to give you all that you need.  Start with knowing a baseline of where you stand right now, nutritionally.  Get some bloodwork done to see where you are deficient, and start to develop a regimen from there.  If you have no problems taking pills, you can get much of what you need at your local drug store and stock up on BOGO sales.  If your D is deficient, you'll want to get some dry D in megadoses.  My favorite source is vitalady.com.  The prescriptions from docs aren't the right kind of D to be absorbed.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

M M
on 2/1/13 6:11 am

You'd be lucky to receive your order.

THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED

Bariatric Eating

(888) 777-42023561 SW 10th St., Pompano BeachFL 33069http://www.bariatriceating.comView Additional Web Addresses

BBB® Non-Accredited F Rating On a scale of A+ to FReason for RatingBBB Ratings System Overview

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/2/13 8:03 pm - Burleson, TX

I am trying to get my vitamins in every day, but I do admit that I will forget since I have to space them out. 

We all have our own "tricks", and I'd like to share what works for ME...Part of my Sunday night "routine"..along with laundry, etc, etc, is filling up my vitamin bags for the week...I use the snack size ziploc baggies..I can reuse the same ones multiple times...I label them Sunday-Saturday (yep-even take vits on the weekends NOW !!)..and fill them up...then they go into the place I keep my morning prescription meds, and I can't use the excuse of "forgetting" them"...When I worked at a des****pt the baggie there...when in the car, it stayed by my phone, or in my pocket...I know how to "space them out" after all these yrs..and best of all, I know I can't go to bed UNTIL MY BAG IS EMPTY...In my warped mind I have even convinced myself the favored Vit C and Calcium chewables are my "puppy treats". and I look forward to them..

Whatever it takes !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Rean_Day
on 2/3/13 8:34 pm
RNY on 04/03/13

This is a great help. Great advice on how to make the adjustment to the new lifestyle of post-op.

Rean

Highest Weight: 344

Surgery Weight: 330

RNY surgery on April 3, 2013.  

Most Active