Please help with suggestions-TMI

vickim69
on 3/1/13 12:29 pm

I hate to post this, but I had surgery on the 18th. Since then I have only had 2 small bowel movements. It's been almost 6 days now. I have been using Miralax for 3 days now and nothing. I was hoping to hear back from my doctor before they left for the weekend, but did not. What can I safely try to relief this issue. I don't want to hurt my new pouch. But it is becoming unbearable.

( I am getting in at least 64 ozs of water each day. I am also on pureed foods still.)

Thanks in advance. I'm loving my new pouch. But I have to get this figured out soon.

RNY 2/18/13  Pre 2 wk Optifast diet: 255   Surgery weight: 240    Current weight: 186.2

Srg2
on 3/1/13 12:41 pm - CA

if you can tolerate it, prune juice always worked for me....even in small amounts. 

DebsGiz
on 3/1/13 2:59 pm - FL

My doctor allowed Milk of Magnesia. 

I know how miserable this is, so sure do hope you find relief soon!!!

Michele H.
on 3/1/13 8:01 pm - NJ

how about a suppository for relief now until you can talk to your doctor

Michele

A. Kondrlik
on 3/1/13 9:49 pm
VSG on 01/24/13

My surgeon suggests  milk of mag also. I have been  using metamucil to keep  things moving, but make sure you are getting plenty of fluids if you take metamucil  or things will just "clog up" 

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Valerie G.
on 3/1/13 10:58 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm sure he gave you an emergency "any time day or night" number.  Call it and let him know about this.  Bowel obstructions can be deadly, and if you're in pain, you don't want to take any chances.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

laurie91566
on 3/1/13 11:53 pm - OH

I have been having a very hard time also, I talked to my Dr and he said I could take up to.. 2 stool softners a day, am and pm.... This has helped alot.. If I miss one dose, I play hell..

milelee
on 3/2/13 11:46 am

Water, lots and lots of water, sip all day long.  and perhaps a bit of prune juice you can dilute with water,

Most Active