Post Op Questions

Srg2
on 3/19/13 5:34 am - CA

I had surgery last Friday and I still weight the same as I did.  When will I start losing and how long does it take for swelling to go down (I cant see my bellybutton due to swelling!). 

~Ema

Revision - Lapband to RNY 3/15/2013 = Highest weight: 244 lbs, Surgery weight: 230 lbs, Goal Weight: 130         

poet_kelly
on 3/19/13 5:48 am - OH

Since they usually pump us full of IV fluids while we're in the hospital, many people actually go home weighing more than they did before surgery!  The weight will be coming off soon.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lisawithboys
on 3/20/13 6:51 am

I agree with the previous post. You were given many iv bags each one is 2.2#'s. Most dr's don't want you to weigh yourself because it is not accurate picture of what is happening with your weight. Keep your chin up and stick with the plan your dr gave you. You can do this and it will pay off. Look at some of the before and after pics to encourage you :)

beth426
on 3/20/13 7:23 am - Romney, WV
RNY on 03/14/13

Me too..surgery was Thursday and at the Dr. today I still am 3.5 lbs heavier than when I went in. They assured me it will change rapidly!!! Good Luck!!

d_mac682
on 3/20/13 7:54 am - Gilbert, AZ
RNY on 04/26/12

WLS rule post-op #1, stay off the scale for two weeks. WLS rule post-op #2, read rule #1. Your going to lose weight now whether you want to or not at this point. Stay off the scale for the above mentioned time and you will save your mental state and lesson anxiety by following the 2 rules. Cheers!

Most Active