5 month stall

ACBrequelle
on 3/25/13 11:10 am

I had surgery on 7/11/13 and lost 60lbs in 4 months....Since November 5 I haven't lost ANYTHING!  I will lose 4-5 and then gain it back in a week. I'm still 40lbs from my personal goal (50 from my surgeons goal) and I'm discouraged and angry.  What can I do to jup start this weight loss?!?  Grrrr!!

Brwnsgr
on 3/25/13 12:34 pm - San Diego, CA

I have the same problem. my surgeon, put me back on protein shakes for 2 meals a day and no snacking... so far I have lost 6 lbs with 15 more to go.

shoutjoy
on 3/25/13 8:18 pm - Culpeper, VA

Sorry to hear you are having all these issues.  There are several things that can cause this to happen. You haven't given much detail about your nutritional strategy, your exercise routine or your choices of motivation.  Keeping a journal of all that you eat, why you ate it (was it just because you were bored, etc), and also your activity levels for a couple of months.  That way you can see if there needs to be some lifestyle changes.  Sometimes, it's because we don't eat "enough".  Our body needs fuel to survive and if we don't give it enough, it starts to eat itself (muscle).  I know that is icky but it's true.

Anyway, start with the journal and then go from there.  Hope that helps.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Most Active