Feeling Blue

Srg2
on 3/29/13 6:17 am - CA

I am two weeks post op and within the last few days, I have started going through the blues of depression.  I have absolutely no energy, am weepy all the time, and just don't feel like doing anything.  I know I was told this could happen, but how long can I expect it to last...it certainly isn't fun and I am not really enjoying the great aspect of my weight loss.  Any words of encouragement would greatly help.

I posted about this a couple of days ago, but  I just can't stand this feeling of no energy.  IT took all I had to unload the dishwasher. 

Ema

~Ema

Revision - Lapband to RNY 3/15/2013 = Highest weight: 244 lbs, Surgery weight: 230 lbs, Goal Weight: 130         

Valerie G.
on 3/29/13 7:48 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I was extremely listless for a good 5 weeks, myself and things turned around after then.  One contributor to fatigue is dehydration, but if you're drinking 64oz daily already, this may just be your rate of recovery.  Do tell your doc about the depression though.  The good news is that it's totally treatable.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Eggface
on 3/29/13 8:29 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I remember crying at least once a day for the first few weeks. It was about 7 weeks for me too... till I felt "normal" and not like a patient. Fresh air and walking helped... there is a lake near my house and I started just walking a little way around it and then walking back, deep breaths of air. Get that protein in too... make sure every day you are aiming for better than the day before.

Brighter days ahead,

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

seejo
on 3/29/13 12:12 pm - AR
VSG on 12/20/12

You are probably experiencing an adjustment issue with depression.  Hopefully when you heal some more you will be able to do more things and start feeling better.  Good luck!  Cindy

mzlaura
on 3/31/13 8:16 am - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13

I am almost 4 weeks out and going through the same thing. Some days better than other. Had a crying episode today.. not fun. But i heard the first month is the worse depression wise and it gets better let's hope this proves true.

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

Most Active