hair phemenon and vitamin question

Srg2
on 3/29/13 3:23 pm - CA

Weird thing I have noticed since my surgery.....previously I was a big time shedder...the drain in shower would be full when I was done.  Since I had my surgery two weeks ago, like 3 hairs is all that comes out....it is so weird.

On a side note, how many multivitamins do you take per day?

~Ema

Revision - Lapband to RNY 3/15/2013 = Highest weight: 244 lbs, Surgery weight: 230 lbs, Goal Weight: 130         

Valerie G.
on 3/29/13 11:37 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Telogen Effluvium usually occurs 3-5 months out from surgery, so expect some considerable shedding then

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Amielouwhoo
on 3/30/13 1:11 am - Layton, UT
RNY on 08/27/12 with

I didn't lose any "extra" hair until my 4th month out. I am now 7 months out and losing so much hair every day I'm considering buying a wig. Lol..... I had baby fine hair before, but I had a lot of it and it was  semi long. I take biotin, I'm using biotin shampoo and conditioner, keratin leave in spray, multi vitamins, B-12 shots, etc.   I have realized that it is normal to thin out, and its just hair it will grow back. (Hopefully) I now realize why when you see pictures on the message boards why so many have short hair do's!!!! It's a necessary fad, not a fashion one! I'm looking for a new hair style to get my hair cut hopefully soon. Or the Raquel Welch "Encore" wig just may have to be purchased.  Good luck, and just realize, it will grow back!  I would rather be thin, healthy and bald than fat, miserable and hairy!

Srg2
on 3/30/13 1:14 am - CA

miserable and hairy..lol  That made me laugh!

~Ema

Revision - Lapband to RNY 3/15/2013 = Highest weight: 244 lbs, Surgery weight: 230 lbs, Goal Weight: 130         

crystal M.
on 3/30/13 7:58 am - Joliet, IL

I didn't have trouble with my hair falling out but with hair breakage.  It seems that my hair has got weaker with my weight loss.  It got so when I was done doing my hair the floor in my bathroom was covered with my hair and I would have to clean it up.  When I went to get my hair cut I told my hair stylist and she recommended Redken Extreme Antisnap hair care line...and I love it.  So along with Biotin vitamins I use this shampoo and conditioner and leave in treatment (for BREAKAGE not  fallout).  It's like day and night.  I no longer have to clean my bathroom floor everyday.   

JJ_
on 3/30/13 11:52 am

I was told to take two multivitamins per day, plus B12, calcium with vit D, vitamin C and I  take iron separately.

Judy

Most Active