Looking for info on GOOD plastic surgeons in Houston Tx that takes insurance.

Iamunique
on 4/8/13 8:08 am

Please Help!!!

Hi, My name is Nokwanda i'm 27 and After having WLS back in 2009 then having 2 C-sections that resulted in 3 beautiful babies (yes a set of twins boy and girl ;) ) I'm left with all the aftermath extra hanging skin in need of some serious lifts and stuff lol. I just started my search I made an appt back in Nov 2012 for March I went was super excited for them to tell me the surgeon was out of my network and would cost $6000 out of pocket for just  a tummy tuck. So I called a surgeon I was told was in network and accepted my insurance and was told they consider it to be all cosmetic so they don't take any insurance no matter what. Do anyone have any useful info on this maybe a surgeon you was able to go to that accepts insurance and is really GOOD I don't want any ol body cutting on me. I was to live after this and happy with my body lol. Thanks to all the info in advnace  

Hislady
on 4/8/13 2:40 pm - Vancouver, WA

It's pretty rare for any insurance to cover cosmetic surgery of any kind. Most will cover reconstructive surgery such as a pannulectomy where they remove excess stomach skin but it is just the skin and no muscle work. That's just the way they are, most people have to self pay if they want actual cosmetic work done. Some folks get a second job or have garage sales and such to get money. Sorry I don't have any hints for you, but good luck!

Iamunique
on 4/19/13 9:17 am

Wow! I didn't know that and they don't tell all of that before the weight loss. I have 3 kids under 3 so a 2nd job is not possible and I don't have any stuff to sell lol I guess I'm just stuck like this. Thanks for the reply tho

Most Active