Crazy Huh?

1HorseLover
on 4/11/13 11:54 am

I know this sounds stupid but what happens to the staples that are used when the Dr  does the sleeve surgery?? Anyone have any trouble from that?

Hislady
on 4/11/13 12:47 pm - Vancouver, WA

They stay in you just like any other metal piece would altho they don't set off airline alarms or anything.kissAfter awhile scar tissue grows over and around them and they just become part of your body.

1HorseLover
on 4/11/13 1:31 pm

Ouch does that hurt?? Is there alot of pressure from it during intercourse? How long does that take to close up?

hollykim
on 4/12/13 4:04 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

No it doesn't hurt. the staples are tiny tiny. they are applied in a log row,very closely together and you never even know they are there. the staple gun staples,cauterizes,and cuts the extra stomach off in one movement and that doesn't hurt either. the cauterizing is "burning" a surgical technique use for decades to seal off little blood vessels that bleed when cut. that doesn't hurt either.

healing starts immediately as does the production of scar tissue. most healing is complete in 4-6 weeks.

Unless you DH is trying to screw you thru your belly button,um ,no it shouldn't hurt either. You will never even be able to tell a difference from how  a sleeve "feels" than you did with your whole stomach in there. there are youtube videos that show thew whole procedure from start to finish.

1HorseLover
on 4/12/13 2:13 pm

Well that dont sound so bad :) Thanks for the insight I was getting nervous I go tomorrow for my siminar I sure hope this is right for me. Thank you

Most Active