Waiting on Approval in Illinois

sperry18
on 4/16/13 9:59 am - chicago, IL

I live in Chicago, I am currently waiting approval for the RNY. Do any one knows how long it takes for Medicaid to approve the surgery? The hospital submitted my information and they told me that I have to wait for an approval letter from Medicaid. I just wanted to know how long do that usually takes.

MrsLitch
on 4/16/13 12:30 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Do you have illinicare or aetna? or are you still on regular medicaid? My daughter was told Illinicare takes longer and sometimes denies the first time requiring an appeal and that aetna is much easier and quicker. I don't know the actual time frame but maybe that helps?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

ChelseaSunshine
on 4/18/13 4:34 pm - michigan city , IN

I have medicaid in Indiana, specifically anthem medicaid, and it took less than a week but my surgeons office called me as soon as it was approved so I did not have to wait for a letter. I actually haven't received a letter yet and it's been about two weeks since I got approved. I would just call and bug them in about a week to see if there is any word.

sperry18
on 5/5/13 2:05 pm - chicago, IL

I'm sorry it took me long to respond. My surgeon ordered a lot of test that I had to complete before surgery. I have Straight Medicaid. 80%Medicare, 20% Medicaid. So, I do not see why I have to wait for Medicaid when Medicare is paying most of the bill. Thanks everyone for your response. I am just waiting patiently.

Most Active