need some encouragment

ChelseaSunshine
on 5/4/13 8:55 am - michigan city , IN
i am doing my 2 week liquid diet and am feeling so hungry, well head hunger. my boyfriend is not helping by bringing junk food home like doritos, cheetos, egg rolls, crispy chicken strips and then doing things like asking me if we have brownie mix. i feel like this is intentional since i have expressed many times i do not want the crap in the house right now because this is something extremely difficult for me. all those this are things i would always eat before. he says he is supportive but i think that is extremely unsupportive.. anyways my point of this post is to hopefully get some motivating words or advice. and maybe let me know if i am being a little over sensitive to the whole bf situation, we have a lot of other issues also, we are basically together for our daughter for now.

sassyaseva
on 5/4/13 9:18 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/01/13
My dear...you are not being oversensitive! I have never understood how people can say they are supportive & yet bring "kryptonite" around. But at the same time, YOU have to be strong enough for YOU & YOUR JOURNEY! No one can make you eat or drink anything that you don't want. I'm not saying the journey is easy...but it is worth it!!!

I have learned that every meal is a new meal & everyday is a new day!!! This is my new modo for life. You can't change the past you can only work to make your tomorrow better.

Remember that you are going through this process for YOU!!! The entire process is trying & you have to build your mindset to basically say "F 'em" to anyone who is truly not for you losing weight let alone having surgery.

It is hard...I have lost people in my life & have heard so much already & I'm only 5 weeks post-op. I haven't changed...I'm still the same ol' me.

Tasha ... aka SassyAsEva

Sherry T.
on 5/4/13 2:33 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Love your post!!!
Nikke2003
on 5/4/13 10:31 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Girl, I feel your pain! I am on day 6 of a two week pre op diet and although I haven't been feeling any physical hunger... I have been feeling cranky and wanting to actually EAT something today. I know that it's all in my head, so I've tried my best to fight off the bad thoughts! I have been drinking crystal light and broth like crazy when I feel the need to eat something and so far it's been good.

I don't think that you are being sensitive about your boyfriend's actions. Sounds like he's being a real turd! Stay strong!! If there is any way that I can support or help you, let me know.

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Eggface
on 5/4/13 10:34 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Best wishes to you!! Be specific take everything you need to have not around and put it in a box. When he goes looking for it tell him those are the things that you'd like him to keep elsewhere (at least for awhile) suggestions... office, car truck, gym locker, work locker, his Mom's house... whatever. This is what you need right now.

That being said... eventually you will need to start to be OK with being around foods that are no longer "your foods" You will have to go to parties and weddings and pass bakeries and work meetings and LOTS of times will be faced with some of the above. The world doesn't change because we rearrange our guts. We need to change our world ;)

Now I'm gonna cross the line and say this... I'm sure you kind of know it already... children look to their parents as role models for their future relationships... if you wouldn't want your daughter dealing with what you are dealing with... don't you deal with it. She will adapt and having a healthier and happier (in body & spirit) Mom will help.

Sending good thoughts.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Sherry T.
on 5/4/13 2:35 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Amen!
Hislady
on 5/4/13 10:57 am - Vancouver, WA

I was going to say the same as Shelley! You aren't being overly sensitive, he's being a jerk! Pack it up and get rid of the food, then get rid of him! You don't need someone who is going to sabatoge you at every turn. Neither you or your daughter need him around. Kids are far better off with one healthy parent than 2 dysfunctional parents.I would venture to guess once you lose your weight this will happen anyway so take the step now so you don't have him trying to MAKE you fail. Yes it's your choice what you eat but he doesn't have a right to go out of his way to tempt you!

IansMom
on 5/4/13 11:10 am - CA

It's hard but it's worth it - remember that right now is only a temporary time. My toughest time was the not eating much before and for a few days after surgery. Then the fun when you get off liquids and gradually add back soft foods is a bit better. Remember - in half a year you won't remember this hunger - just that you got through it! Have lots of hot soup!

-Justine

mcraedublin
on 5/4/13 11:25 am - GA
I feel your pain. I told my family that they can eat whatever they want but if they want it, don't bring it in the house. They have been warned. I am so serious. I will throw it out in the trash. They must know that I am for real. Haven't seen any junk food all week.
Anjjmum0294
on 5/4/13 2:22 pm
Oh my goodness I feel you! My husband seems so into the idea of my revision surgery, but then brings home things like an angus, quarter lb. bacon cheeseburger, with BBQ sauce and a large fry. I know he thinks he is just bringing me dinner, but a little more thought into it would be fine! You are not over sensitive! You are asking him to show he is supporting you and not just say he is!
Most Active