Fed up with Dr. Johnson's office - talking with Dr. Macik tomorrow: why is this so hard?

VSG on 06/12/13

So, after all of this battle with United, now I seem to be battling Dr. Johnson's office staff. I cannot even get them to call me back to tell me what my next steps are going to be, and what they need from me.

Listening to my instincts, it dawned on me that I will have a relationship with these folks for some time to come. They've been largely unsupportive and unresponsive the entire time, and I just don't think that will magically improve after surgery. I cannot help but feel like I'm trying to throw money at them and they just don't want it. If that's the case, I'm happy to take my business elsewhere.

Dr. Macik had crossed my radar some time ago. I have an appointment set up with him tomorrow morning. I have read the reviews - both seem like they're equally competent, both are centers of excellence. Macik is closer to my home. I spoke with United today and they said that because the approval is based on the procedure, not the doctor, switching won't be a problem.

Anyone else switch docs after insurance approval? Anyone have any thoughts on Macik?

Thanks - 

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

LaShelle2
on 5/9/13 1:35 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

I switched surgeons after approval and I am glad I did. yes, you will have to deal with the surgeon and the office staff the rest of your life, so you need to be with someone you feel comfortable with.

Good luck.  Stop by the clothing exchange in Stockbridge Saturday if you can. Would love to meet you.  Details are on the GA forum...

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/9/13 11:52 pm
You got approved?! Woohoo! Congratulations.
Definitely trust your gut (heehee) in regard to the office staff. If they are vague and unresponsive now, they are unlikely to improve.
Take care and keep us posted.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

martitalinda
on 5/10/13 12:49 am

Having a great relationship with your medical team is a plus ... I don't blame you for switching doctors at all ... I would have done the same... thanking my lucky starts for the awesome team that I have in my corner...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

tina-b
on 5/13/13 2:03 am - NC
VSG on 11/27/12

I changed doctors and procedures after I was approved and I'm so glad I did.  You've got to trust your instincts.  Good luck!! 

HW: 235  SW: 216

Most Active