Lesson Learned....the hard way

JB1114
on 5/18/13 5:41 am - Grain Valley, MO

My RNY was 7/8/08.  I lost about 70 lbs. the first year and have maintained except for a few lbs. up then back down.  I would still like to lose another 20-25 lbs.  I've always taken my vitamins and consumed 60-100 grams of protein daily, but I wasn't eating correctly for RNY.  The first year I didn't consider eating sweets, carbonated beverages or simple carbs.  Then I started tasting this and that, occasioally had a diet Coke and joined Weigh****chers.  WWs is a great program, but not for me.  I was on WWs for most of 35 years prior to WLS and never could lose any significant weight. 

Recently, I was eating a few cookies, pasta, pizza sweet roll occasionally......whatever DH was having.  My food started coming back up almost daily.  I was eating small quantities but it was too much for my pouch. 

A few evenings ago, I went to a meeting at someone's home.  She served a pound cake.  Everyone was having some so I took the smallest piece.  I barely got the last bite down when I started feeling sick.  I thought if I sat quietly, the pain would subside and I would be fine.  The meeting was going on and I didn't want to disturb things.  Finally, I burped and knew I better get to the bathroom.  I barely made it.  If I hadn't gotten up, what a mess I would have made on her white carpet.

Sugar is my enemy and I respect it now.  I'm on day 5 of eating correctly and I feel so much better.  I've lost 3.7 lbs.  This experience was an eye-opener for me.  I will not be embarassed to say no thanks next time I'm offered something I know I shouldn't eat.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

jewelcrown
on 5/19/13 8:56 am

Congrats on learning your lesson!  Sugar is not our friend.  I'm hypoglycemic and sugar puts me to sleep almost instantly.  If that's not had enough, if I eat sugar I have gas so bad I can't stand myself!

Compliance is the key.  Good luck.

Jewel

Most Active