In ER this morning

VSG on 06/12/13
Woke up at 5, felt difficult to breathe. Then the claustrophobic feeling started. Called 911 and they came to the house. Because my o2 sats were ok, they gave me the choice of riding in the ambulance or having my son drive me. I chose the latter. Here at the ER, they have done the cardiac and clot workups and everythig looks ok so far.

Sipping on watered down apple juice, waiting for discharge to come thru.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

abbeycat43
on 6/15/13 6:28 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

So sorry to hear you ended up in ER...I had my surgery on the 12th too and so far all is going good...getting my walks in and getting the required fluid...feel way better than I thought I would.  I also had a HH repair, but not having any pain from it.....the liquid pain med is NASTY!!!! Makes me want to vomit! I don't take it very often. Looking forward to full liquids next week...tired of jello and Popsicles.

VSG on 06/12/13

I'm glad to hear you're feeling well! I haven't taken any pain meds since last night. What's your secret to getting the fluids in? What are your daily fluid requirements? What are you doing for protein? I am only supposed to be drinking milk for protein - 32oz per day.

It's funny, I have NO desire to eat or drink, but when I do, it goes down ok. I think I was onto something with the apple juice this morning. Yum!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

abbeycat43
on 6/15/13 7:04 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

I hold a cup in my hand every waking moment and sip, sip, sip...I have to have 64 oz liquid...I use Special K protein water..but I'm out now and have to find some more, not easy so I will have to try some other brands...no dairy for me until Tuesday. I find it interesting the variations of pre-op and post-op surgery....also, I expected 4-5 incisions and only have 2, both sides of my belly button. 

ntxmom3
on 6/28/13 2:57 pm

What store did you find K20 Protein water pour-ins at ?   Found them online but having trouble finding in the store.  I have tried the gnc ISOPURE drinks they are so gross I had to stop drinking them and I am over broth makes me naseated to look at broth  LOL  I had surgery Mon. 6/24 and have another week of clear liquids :/         I did find the Gatorade G4 Recovery drinks have protein in them .... not sure if everything else in them is good for our new tummy or not.     Lisa

abbeycat43
on 6/28/13 4:06 pm - MO
VSG on 06/12/13
Most Active