vitamin question

Srg2
on 7/19/13 11:07 am - CA

Is there anything wrong with taking my two daily multivitamins both in the am.  When I space it apart, I have trouble remembering the calcium since I cant take that within two hours of mv.  Thanks!

~Ema

Revision - Lapband to RNY 3/15/2013 = Highest weight: 244 lbs, Surgery weight: 230 lbs, Goal Weight: 130         

BlancheJackson
on 7/19/13 1:03 pm - Butler, PA

According to my nutritionist, taking them together does not allow for all of the vitamins to be absorbed as we can only absorb so much at a time.  So, no, you shouldn't take them together.

What I did was get a LARGE weekly pill box and I fill it each Sunday with an entire weeks worth ov vitamins..  then, I set alarms on my phone to remind me to take them! After a while, it becomes routine.  Not sure why you can't take the MV within 2 hrs of calcium.  I take them together.. it's the iron that needs to be at least 2 hrs before AND after any calcium one prohibits the absorption of the other.  

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

MsBatt
on 7/20/13 2:19 am

How many times a day do you take vitamins? You definitely want to space out your multis, for proper absorption. Your calcium needs to be taken throughout the day, too. I've never heard you can't take calcium with your multi, just that it needs to be separated from iron by two hours either way.

Most Active