New Video: Outlook on liquid diet, Day 20

DanaStClair
on 8/13/13 8:43 am - Canada
VSG on 08/15/13

Hello OH friends,

It is officially day 20 for me and my optifast diet. Tomorrow is my last day, then surgery on Thursday morning, and I could not be more excited. I have posted a new video talking about what 20 days feels like, and what I am looking forward to. I should place a warning though, that I also discuss surgery mortality rates and how that has also played on my heart and mind... if this sort of topic is too much for you, stop watching when I stop talking about the liquid diet.

As always comment here or there and I will reply :)

You can watch the video here: http://youtu.be/9Pl219kWvGo

Positivity, Positivity, Positivity + Protein, lots of protein ;)

mkvand
on 8/13/13 5:39 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

I liked your video, but despite everything I keep hearing, I still find it hard to believe people aren't getting hungry on the liquid diet.  I'm not having surgery for several months, so I haven't started mine, but when I've tried meal replacements before I've been starving.  I hope my experience this time around is more like yours and I'm not crazy hungry when doing the pre-op diet.

DanaStClair
on 8/13/13 9:22 pm - Canada
VSG on 08/15/13

Well most meal replacements are full of sugar and not nutritionally sound. The optifast program that I was on with my surgeon is 4 OptiFast shakes per day which contain 900 calories total and all the vitamins and minerals needed for one day. So your body is satisfied nutritionally. There were many days that I was so full I only got 3 shakes in!

I wish you the best of luck in your journey :)

Positivity, Positivity, Positivity + Protein, lots of protein ;)

Member Services
on 8/13/13 11:55 pm - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!  We can not wait to hear from you post-op.  As you are gearing up for surgery visit jour Articles page, you can read up on may different areas of wls, life after wls, managing your post-op life.  There are dozens of articles that can help you navigate your journey!  Best Wishes!!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/

Most Active