Insurance

Cloudieskies
on 9/4/13 3:17 pm
I don't have medical insurance and I'm looking into procedures to see if it would be a right fit for me. I'm trying to find out cost of procedures and if anyone can help me with telling me about the diets u have to be on? One of my curiosities can you eat red meat after having one of the procedures? I'm looking into the gastric plication big decision and I'm nervous cause I have a 5 month old.
Member Services
on 9/4/13 11:47 pm - Irvine, CA

Hello,

Cost can differ based on surgeons.  Send us an email at [email protected] and we will assist you with finding some surgeons in your area that does the procedure you are interested in.  You can give them a call to find out what the cost will be and if they offer any discount for cash pay.  Please post this on the surgery type forum and members that have had the procedure can assist you with their experience.

Good luck!

Valerie G.
on 9/5/13 6:38 am, edited 9/5/13 6:39 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I had the duodenal switch and eat red meat (and cheese and butter) daily.  As a self-pay, there are a couple of fantastic surgeons in Mexico and one in Brazil that will do it at a reasonable cost.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active