Protein Shots?? and B12

gayle-n-reno
on 9/2/13 4:38 am - NV

After reading this post about protien shots...I thought what the heck..I will give them a try!  GROSS! thick and nasty.  I tried the watermelon one.....took all I had to get it down....OK back to the reg protein shakes for me....sigh!

newnycvsg1
on 9/2/13 5:35 am

Hi Gayle,

You could always take the protein shot and thin it out w/ water, milk, or yogurt.  You'll still get the same amount of grams of protein but it may taste better though it takes a little longer to get it all down. 

You're right though.  They are nooooooooot tasty to me either.  What they are though is easy to carry around with you.

Drink as much liquid as you can.  Another great way to get some liquid is sugar-free popcicles.  They give you a bit of texture that breaks up the monotony of all the liquids.  Feel better!

melissa_musicjunkie
on 9/2/13 9:10 am
RNY on 08/01/13
I couldn't even fathom getting that whole thing down! Tossed it in the trash! Blech!!!!!

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

newnycvsg1
on 9/6/13 12:09 pm

I hear ya,.  I have some that I have parked because of the aftertaste and smell it has.....Lemme go make my decaf  coffee shake now.  It's what getting me through now.

melissa_musicjunkie
on 9/7/13 1:16 am
RNY on 08/01/13
Recipe???

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

Most Active