Injectable B12 (cyanocobalamin) shortage?

Linda_S
on 10/14/13 7:14 am - Eugene, OR

Is anyone else having difficulties getting injectable B12?  My doctor ordered it for me over a month ago and the pharmacy still does not have it.  They are telling me it is a manufacturer's shortage.  I'm wondering if this is just a northwest supplier, or are you all having difficulty getting it?

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Member Services
on 10/14/13 7:48 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Linda,

We are sorry to hear you are having this issue.  Please keep us posted on what you find out!

Eggface
on 10/14/13 9:29 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I get Methylcobalamin shots once a month and I haven't heard anything... they do Cyano too and they have been available. I'll ask when I go. Hope not... I feel a difference if I don't get it.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Linda_S
on 10/14/13 10:56 am - Eugene, OR

Thanks Shelly.  Maybe I'll find out if the methylcobalamin is available and if that's an option for me instead.  Considering my other malabsorption problems, I'm assuming that trying to go the oral route is not going to work for me.

Ladytazz
on 10/14/13 11:58 am

I was getting the 30 ml vial and both Freddie's and Walmart told me they didn't carry it anymore, only the 1 ml vial.  It was cost effective to get the 30 ml vial, only $8 for 30 injections.  I don't know if it's because of a shortage.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 10/14/13 12:59 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

I went to CVS the other day and they didn't have it and had to take it to Walgreens and get it filled.  I live in Miami.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/14/13 10:13 pm
I just picked up my 12 (3 month) dosages of B12 from Costco. They only had 1ml individual vials. No problem in my area.
If you desperate - check TRIM website on line.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

illinois Gama D.
on 10/15/13 3:44 am

When I went to get mine I was also told there is a shortage, Dr ordered the big bottle for me and I get three little ones!! thank you for the site, I ordered from them, :) happy, happy, happy, now if I could get a d  injection I would be soooo happy:)

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

swtmelissa
on 10/15/13 6:56 am - West Allis, WI

I have been through this! They may be out of certain dosages! I had this trouble last summer, and they ended up switching my prescription to a "bulk size" in a sense.  In stead of the one time dosages, I have a larger bottle I draw from monthly.  It was something strange with the individual dosage.  I went months and I couldn't get my hands on it, and finally I talked to a pharmacist who suggested the larger bottle that I would just draw from monthly.

Hope this helps!

Linda_S
on 10/15/13 7:40 am - Eugene, OR

I had the large bottle too, and I thought that's what the doc ordered for me.  The pharmacy we sent it to couldn't get any of the liquid B12.  I did find a local place that has it and the prescription is supposed to be transferred today.  Phew!

Most Active