Protein Powders? GNC any good?

ChristinaDeguzman21
on 11/8/13 2:12 pm

I am thinking about getting a GNC card and ordering some protein powders.  I am in the beginning stages and am on a 3 month supervised diet.  Medical Weight Loss Dr. wants me tp aim for 100 g Protein a day with 4 Protein shakes.  So far I purchased some ready made ones from Costco an love them.   Now I need some power to make my own.  GNC Gold or Pro Performance?

tia Chrisitna

shoutjoy
on 11/8/13 6:02 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hi,

Well it's pretty much personal preference and tolerance.  I like Unjury myself.  It is specifically made for bariatric patients and mixes well.  You  may not like it.  Just test them and see.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

TurnThePage
on 11/9/13 12:25 am

Order samples of various types online or buy in stores like Vitamin Shoppe before you buy in quantity. Your tastes will also likely change after surgery. Popular brands are Unjury, Syntrax, Bariatric Advantage. Some good online sites are Bariatric Choice and Nashua Nutrition. The savory flavors like Unjury's chicken soup mix are a nice change to the sweet flavors. 

Lora R.
on 11/9/13 3:58 am
RNY on 09/12/13

Chike has a good iced coffee protein shake with 20g of protein.  Good Luck!

RNY: 9/12/13 HW:  347  SW:  315  CW:  183  BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF! 

MickeyDee
on 11/9/13 10:17 am

Send for the sample pack of the Syntrax Nectars;  they can be mixed with water or milk, and come in all kinds of flavors.  I keep the Cappuccino, Lemon Tea, and Chocolate Truffle flavors on hand at all times.

Eggface
on 11/9/13 5:01 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Ask GNC to in-store sample their shakes... mine will mix me up a taste test. They also have a pretty good return policy. My GNC is a franchise so it carries different brands.

I'd suggest hitting up a Vitamin Shoppe if you have one... they have sample sizes or ordering some single servings or travel packets... https://www.facebook.com/ilikechike  sells one with all their flavors including their Protein Iced Coffee. Also https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celebrate-Vitamins/9096372618 3 has a $3 sample pack if you call them they will include their ENS one of my favs.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Valerie G.
on 11/9/13 8:13 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Don't sped a whole lot of money right now on anything.  What you like today may taste like poison when you are post op.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

band04tosleeve13
on 11/9/13 11:25 pm

wheybolic extreme 60 in vanilla and choc. it has 20 grams of protein per scoop and tastes awesome! 

Bander 2004 to

Sleever 2013....

Homeseller_Rebecca
W.

on 11/10/13 6:39 am - CORONA, CA

Pro Performance is great.  Vanilla, is the best, you can change the flavor by using juices,

Love it!

ChristinaDeguzman21
on 11/10/13 7:22 am

Thank you for all the wonderful replies.  I ended up ordering 3 tubs.  I was given a membership card and the Pro Performance was on sell.  I also had a coupon for an additional 15% off and $1.99 shipping.  All I can say is AWESOME!

Most Active