I am thankful

ChristinaDeguzman21
on 11/10/13 7:16 am

I have never felt fully supported in my WL endeavors.  Well, until now.  I knew i could have successful WLS until I took care of some of my emotional troubles.  During that process, I made some wonderful friends...they are so great I consider them family.

I am in the beginning steps of surgery preparation and was a bit nervous about a Birthday Party we were holding at my house yesterday.  Was I going to be able to enjoy myself without pounding down dips ands chips, soda, and much more?  My friends were amazing and supportive.  Everything was readily available, but not sitting right in front of me.  I never felt deprived or left out.

My BFF made the most amazing grilled beef patties that were better then ANYTHING I have ever tasted.  She actually ground the meat and seasoned it even adding some anaheim chopped chilies inside.

Past parties (different crowd) have always been really hard for me.  Drama, Snickering, and more DRAMA.  

What a difference great friends and family make.

I am so Blessed  

Ladytazz
on 11/10/13 11:58 am

Good for you for doing the inside work now while you get ready to have WLS.  I had commented on another forum that I wish bariatric programs required eating disorder evaluation and treatment before surgery to help boost the success rate.  For me, having WLS without addressing any emotional issues around weight and food is like giving an alcoholic a new liver while they continue to drink.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active