My 3 month post-op update

Chris M.
on 11/15/13 10:01 am
RNY on 08/12/13

This past Monday, I hit 3 months Post-Op.  Let me tell you how wonderful I feel!  I have not had a Sleep Study done yet, but I haven't used my CPap machine since week one.  I wake up refreshed, and i am not drowsy for no reason throughout the day anymore.  The only issue I have is there is brief dizziness and stars occasionally after bending and stooping.  Not the most desirable, but I'll take it!

I wish I could say I am off the insulin injections, but I AM on considerably less insulin, and hoping to be on just a pill eventually.  My thyroid is also rebounding slightly.  I have been forced to buy some smaller clothes, and have been combing thrift shops, garge sales, flea markets, etc., and my feet are also shrinking.  i have also tightened my ball caps as they are loose.   I also feel cold a lot more often because while most folks are putting on their Winter Blubber, I am losing the fat that would keep me warm.

There are days when I can eat "regular food" (nowhere near regular portions) with no issues, but there are also days when I cant eat more than a couple bites.  I test my limitations with the wide varieties of foods; some of which I wish WOULD make me sick...lol.  I mainly go for decaf coffee and tea, but sometimes I make Half caff.  I just try to keep making the right choices.

I was lifting weights along with my cardio, but I started putting weight back on, so now I just stick with cardio. 

So lets see....what did I not cover....OH YEAH!  Total Weight Lost......65 pounds!

Member Services
on 11/15/13 10:09 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations!  Please keep us posted on your progress.

Regards,

Member Services Team

Virgie Tschirhart
on 11/15/13 11:45 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17

Congrats!!!  You are doing crazy great!!!  

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 11/15/13 11:48 am - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

Congrats on your weight loss so far!!

You might want to go back to lifting weights. You don't have to lift heavy weights, but do light weights with lots of reps. Although the scale might show a gain (temporarily), weight lifting is good for your bones AND the more muscle mass you have, the better your metabolism works while you are at rest. 

Good luck with the rest of your journey! :)

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

Jen Lyn
on 11/15/13 11:21 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

Wow.  You are doing so well.  Congratulations.

Robin M.
on 11/16/13 4:14 am - Biloxi, MS
VSG on 09/12/13
Well done!!!

Most Active