Will I EVER be warm again!?!

ladyhoman
on 12/2/13 9:04 am

Winter in Ohio. I haven't even had surgery, but I am losing weight on my 6month diet. I am 25 pounds down and have NEVER been cold like this before! Does this get better, do you warm up as you adjust to less fat? Brrrrrr! 

SW: 219   HW:253  CW: 156  GOAL: 150  Goal: 5K  Eventual Goal with running:140

hollykim
on 12/2/13 10:03 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I never have warmed up. Cold all the time. If it is below 70 degrees,I. Have on a hoodie with the hood up,long sleeve shirt and gloves,outside. Inside,I wear long sleeve shirts all summer. Winter inside,I wear long sleeve shirt and long underwear shirt and a house coat o vest over that. Socks always.

i wouldn't go back though,not for anything!

Mary Catherine
on 12/2/13 12:36 pm

The first winter was very cold.  I found silk underwear under my clothes and silk liner under my socks helped.  Flannel sheets, electric blanket and warm flannel or fleece pjs.  I use an electric throw when sitting on the couch.  During the first winter I would go to the pool early so that I could spend time in the steambaths.

The first summer, I spent a lot of time on the beach soaking up sunshine and finally did get nice and warm.  I never got as cold again after that first summer. I adjusted to less fat, but it took a while.

Candy V.
on 12/2/13 3:34 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Winter in Northern Michigan isn't any better LOL

I'm freezing too :)

Electric blankets are my friends, lots of layers and many fleece jackets worn inside

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Kate -True Brit
on 12/2/13 5:32 pm - UK

Well I still feel cold, and it's been seven years.  At least 7 years ago I had hot flushes (do you call them flashes? Think so!),  now not even got those to warm me!  

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

dmoore1162
on 12/3/13 2:00 am

Actually I think it is because of the decrease in calories you take in.  My mom complained about being so cold before her colonscopy - the nurse told her it was because she had consumed so little in calories.  Stands to reason.

Delores Moore
it's never too late

Iyssiss
on 12/3/13 4:22 am

OMG! I had no idea about this. I just know that I am cold all the time now since starting my pre op diet. This makes sense now. . I've never been cold like this before and I live in Minnesota LOL . Learn something new everyday. Thanks!!

barb.k
on 12/3/13 7:47 am - Williamson, GA

Cuddl duds are one of my best friends.  I am having a hard time drinking cool beverages as well because I am so cold all the time and I live in GA.

barb.k

ladyhoman
on 12/4/13 8:16 am

Thank you everyone! Sadly this really confirmed what I was thinking. The only time I am warm is when I have a hot flash in the middle of the night! I am hoping to eventually adjust, but I would never change the path I am on, even if I have to wear thermals in August.

;)

SW: 219   HW:253  CW: 156  GOAL: 150  Goal: 5K  Eventual Goal with running:140

Most Active