ringworm treatment

allendawson
on 12/30/13 5:13 pm

I have ringworm on my leg. I have tried many things, but nothing is effective. Is there any treatment to cure ringworm?

poet_kelly
on 12/30/13 5:46 pm - OH

There are medications, both topical meds and oral meds.  What have you tried?  What does your doctor recommend?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/13 10:23 pm

Lotrimin is something I know stops ringworm but I think you have to have a script for it.

hollykim
on 12/31/13 1:30 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I used to work for a dermatologist and he had patients with ring work wash. The area several times a day with Selsun blue original shampoo. It will take several. Weeks to kill but it will work

Melanie W.
on 12/31/13 2:34 am - WA

Get an antifungal cream from the store...any jock itch cream will work.

Ladytazz
on 12/31/13 10:35 am

Try this 

http://tiny.cc/lflz8w

Gentian violet is a dye so be careful as it stains but it is the best thing I have found for treating things like ringworm and thrush and other fungal infections.  You can find it in most drugstores.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Sherell
on 12/31/13 11:27 am

Lotrimin or Lamisil.  No script needed.  If one doesn't work, try the other.  They aren't the same thing, and some fungal infections are more sensitive to one over the other.  I had ringworm about 10 years ago, and the pharmacist helped me.

"I WANT TO LIVE.......thin."

weight.png        

Highest weight ever: 240
Start of WL journey: 217
Weight at surgery : 204
Weight 3 mos. post-op - 170        

Most Active