ulcer

Jessica2013
on 12/31/13 3:20 am

So i'm about 4 weeks out from my  surgery and i had to have a EDG done. my the nurse called me today and told me that they found an ulcer so i have to take some medication 4x a day until its gone. but my questions is when other people had ulcer did they not fell like eating or if you did it was it every little at  time. and dose it get any better? thank you for you help

mkvand
on 12/31/13 4:42 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

I had an ulcer many years ago, and it made me feel like eating more.  I felt like the food absorbed some of the acid so the ulcer hurt less.

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

Koko10
on 12/31/13 11:42 pm - NC

I had a ulcer very early after my RNY, I didn't feel like eating & certain things bothered me. It gets better but I am almost 3 yrs out & I can feel flair ups sometimes. This surgery makes you take care of yourself. Take care & listen to your body.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

onelilbirdie
on 12/31/13 11:58 pm
Jessica,
Good morning, I am sorry to hear you are feeling crummy. I had an ulcer years ago, but that was pre-op. At that time, I felt nauseous and food did not appeal to me. Eating was not my favorite thing, but, remember...you have specific caloric bench marks to hit for your weight loss. If you have to break down your intake into smaller amounts at a sitting, I think you would still be able to accomplish the same thing. Ask your surgeon's group how best to manage your dietary intake during this time. I used peppermint to curb the nausea. (not to ingest, I used the oil on my ear lobes, not much, just a little dab rubbed into the ear lobe skin) Probably sounds silly, but, it worked for me. The medication you are on should speed the healing process right along. Don't despair! Being post op, I would encourage you to pay attention to making sure you are sitting upright for your 30 minutes after meals. You don't want to thwart the healing process by having reflux wash up over that ulcerated area. Finally, this may be your only hiccup after your surgery. With that in mind, do everything you can to stay on track with all aspects of healing and diet and nutrition. Feel better soon! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Jessica2013
on 1/1/14 12:16 am

thank you for the helpful information it really helped and i will have to try the peppermint happy new year :D

Koko10
on 1/1/14 12:19 am - NC
Most Active