Helpful for post-op, pre-op, too

AnneGG
on 1/9/14 10:52 pm
“As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.”  ― Henry David Thoreau  

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

TurnThePage
on 1/9/14 11:35 pm

Excellent quote!  This is a very eloquent statement of the 'head work" required to be successful with WLS, re-framing our thoughts and attitudes and strengthening them through daily repetition and practice. 

Thanks for posting this.

Kenyatta W.
on 1/10/14 1:12 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

I so needed to read this!!! I'm still working on my head issues and this quote hit it right on! Thanks for sharing! enlightened

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

MyLady Heidi
on 1/10/14 3:09 am

I keep spending my lottery winnings in my mind, picked out my yacht and everything.  It's not done ****

Most Active