A weigh in survey- when do you weigh and how often?

"LADYbug-j" L
on 1/11/14 10:12 pm - Laurel, MD
Hi OH- friends!
Does it become an obsession or what? (YES, I know this much already)
Weighing daily? how does that even work, when you are trying to loose a substantial weight? vs. once a week or monthly?

When do you weigh in and how often?
I may go with weekly or monthly? (as in the past) daily is too much for me.
Some say it's how they are able to keep themselves in check by weighting daily, I may need to keep this practice in mind once reaching goal?
Give me some good feedback folks!
Thanks-jbug

"jbug"

poet_kelly
on 1/11/14 10:35 pm - OH

I don't own a scale.  I weigh myself mostly when I see my doctor.  Occasionally I'll get on a friend's scale if I want to see my weight at other times.  But I don't weigh very often.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AnneGG
on 1/11/14 10:37 pm

I choose to weigh daily since hitting the maintenance phase, and adjust what I need to do for the day accordingly. I find that easier to do than have to deal with a week or a month's worth of correcting course.

For the first year, I weighed twice a week in order to not be too obsessed with how much I was losing.

Hope this is helpful!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Kate -True Brit
on 1/11/14 10:47 pm - UK

I weigh every morning, often in the evening again! But it doesn't  worry me if the scales go the wrong way a pound or so or, when I was losing, if they didn't go down for a while. 

I charted my wright while losing once a week.

Now I still weigh every day to make sure I don't start to gain too much!

there is no right or wrong answer. Do what you are comfortable with doing. But don't obsess about numbers! You will have times of no loss or even gains and for some people that is hard to handle.  If that's you, try not to weigh at all,  just judge by your clothes. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

mustlovepoodles
on 1/12/14 10:51 am
VSG on 12/31/13

Me too.  I weigh every morning. I'm very early in my progress. It doesn't bother me when i stall. I know it will pick up again.

HW: 229 ; SW: 208 (-21);  GW: 125

Wt. Loss:   M1: 189 -(19)  M2: 178 (-11)  M3: 172 (-5)  M4: 170 (-2)  M5: 166 (-4)

Candy V.
on 1/11/14 11:24 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

i participate in the lightweight boards weekly Sunday weigh in.   I may get on it mid week, but only record my Sunday weight

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Scribbler
on 1/12/14 12:48 am

I have always weighed 5-6 times daily since high school. Always make sure that you are wearing the same thing, weigh at the same times of day, and that the scale is in the same spot on the floor to get the most accurate reading. Remember that eating and drinking makes the number go up.

poet_kelly
on 1/12/14 1:31 am - OH

What's the point in weighing multiple times a day?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Scribbler
on 1/12/14 1:54 am

I have always done it ever since I started gaining weight for no reason in the 1980's.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/12/14 4:50 am - OH

But what do you GET out of it? It doesn't give you new information, but it must satisfy some psychological/emotional need. It is obsessive, but obsessions always serve some purpose.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active