Day 15 of 21 - Optifast 900

SusanTdesigner
on 1/15/14 12:53 am - Canada

hello everyone....day 15 already, I must admit the time has gone by quickly, only a week away from my surgery as a matter of fact I should be in recovery this time next Wednesday.

I had my Pre-Op on Monday at the hospital, met with the anesthologist, he was bright and cheerful for a Monday morning.  He can give me a concoction to relieve some of nausea after the surgery...yaay...also he is having me get a PICC in my arm the day before surgery, since it is hard to find a good vein in my arm for him to tap into, the PICC will be placed by using ultrasound to find a vein, it will be easy for the IV connection the day of and after if needed. 

I also met with the nurse, I was down 17 lbs from my last clinic weigh in December.  The Doc wanted me to be down at least 15 lbs, so I think I an doing ok with another week to go on Optifast.  Also my BMI has dropped already from 60 to 56.

Overall, my appetite is non-existence, I don't think of eating, I do forget to drink water....bad, bad, bad. as my blood work reflected that somehow in the kidneys?? a late call yesterday from my family doc to remind me to hydrate!

Not sure if any of my babble is any good info to anyone, I just like to share...  keep smiling!

ATL_VSG
on 1/15/14 5:13 am

I'm reading your babble!  Thank you for sharing.  It's reassuring to hear others thoughts on this process.  Congrats on day 15!  I'm on day 7 of five weeks of Optifast 800 (2-3 shakes a day plus a salad with protein).  I did try buying some cheaper but nutritionally comparable substitutes, and found them entirely intolerable.  Optifast is definitely the best tasting- to me. 

Keep up the good work!  While I'm still trying to take in this process, it sure is nice to think about being a year down the road and much thinner.

SusanTdesigner
on 1/21/14 12:24 am - Canada

thank you for your reply, it is comforting to read about so many others going thru similar experiences...

Tomorrow is my surgery day, anxious to get home and get my bag packed! 

Hope to be back on the site soon to report my story... take good care, enjoy the Optifast!

Most Active