Anyone's help will be appreciated . How to start a 6 month weight loss letter?

Newme661
on 1/15/14 12:42 pm

I need to turn my in and I have no clue how to start. Please help.

i will also post on another forum to see other peoples opinions. Thanks

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/15/14 12:45 pm - OH

I've not heard of such a letter. What is the letter for?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Newme661
on 1/15/14 12:50 pm

My medical is asking for me to log it and give it to my primary doctor so he could send it with the referral and hopefully medical will approve it and I could see a surgeon .

KevinBacon
on 1/15/14 1:07 pm
VSG on 03/10/14

Log it? Like a food log? I know a lot of nutritionists ask for food logs. Is that what they mean?

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Newme661
on 1/15/14 1:57 pm
On January 15, 2014 at 9:07 PM Pacific Time, KevinBacon wrote:

Log it? Like a food log? I know a lot of nutritionists ask for food logs. Is that what they mean?

More like what I did for weight loss. How much I weigh , what was I doing, how many pounds gained /lost? Sort of like that 

vagirl98
on 1/15/14 1:46 pm - Halifax, VA

My surgeon's nurse gave me a form for the other dr to fill out for 6 months. maybe you should call them and see if they have one. It should have all your vitals and weight and meds. Obesity related Comorbidites, Diet educucation discussed, Exercise/Activity education discussed, list any behavior/diet goals for this patient.

That is the stuff on my paper that dr has to sign and fill out hope this helps you.

Newme661
on 1/15/14 1:56 pm

Thanks!

well I guess I will have to change my Primary doc he was the one who gold me my insurance is asking for the 6 month and to go back in two weeks and take him the letter. So no form was given to me :(

i guess I'll just try my best

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/14 1:30 am

If you go to resources and scroll down there is a letter written in the medical necessity.That might help you.I just needed a note from my primary to saying that I have tried to lose weight.That I have been morbidly obese for at least the past five years.Good luck with your journey.

KevinBacon
on 1/15/14 2:01 pm
VSG on 03/10/14

A persons ability to articulate their feelings on why they want weight loss surgery as part of their approval process is new to me. Seems like it should be the same courses and regime for everyone across the board regardless of whether or not a doctor "feels" like they deserve it based on a letter. 

Making someone write a letter seems strange to me. 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Newme661
on 1/15/14 2:06 pm
On January 15, 2014 at 10:01 PM Pacific Time, KevinBacon wrote:

A persons ability to articulate their feelings on why they want weight loss surgery as part of their approval process is new to me. Seems like it should be the same courses and regime for everyone across the board regardless of whether or not a doctor "feels" like they deserve it based on a letter. 

Making someone write a letter seems strange to me. 

My primary doctor showed me the form with everything medical wanted with the referral. It said to list all the weight loss attempt and list all medication I'm taking.

so I asked my doctor how back far they need me to log and he said "I don't know , one two years?".

so I called my medical and they told me to only do 6 months.

Most Active