Fed up with OH/ipad problems

Kate -True Brit
on 1/15/14 5:53 pm, edited 1/15/14 5:54 pm - UK

I know if isn't just me as others have told me they have the same problem. I have told the OH Tech people but nothing has changed.  It is only, for me, an ipad issue as if I use the desktop, this doesn't happen. 

I type a long post, putting in paragraphs for clarity. I submit it and when it appears, it is as one indigestible chunk.

So, if I have time, I open it and edit to put paragraphs back.  Usually it works. This morning I have re-edited the same post three times and it is STILL appearing as a single paragraph. 

I am going to have to follow the example of another regular poster who writes out her posts as a document and then copies them on to here.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

The Salty Hag
on 1/15/14 8:22 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

The paragraph snafu has happened to me a couple of times, but the problem I seem to have happen most often on my iPad is the cursor doing a disappearing act at times. Drives me bonkers! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Kate -True Brit
on 1/15/14 8:26 pm, edited 1/15/14 8:26 pm - UK

And it can be very difficult to get the cursor into the right place to edit,  but that seems better recently. I think the paragraphing thing is happening to quite a few people as posters have been complaining about blocks of text.

And this only happens to me on OH.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Cunning_Pam
on 1/15/14 8:57 pm
RNY on 12/18/13
I have the same paragraph issues when posting from my (Android) phone.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

AnneGG
on 1/15/14 9:11 pm, edited 1/15/14 9:32 pm

And I simply hate that sometimes a post I'm working on simply goes poof! And shuts down my browser. When I open my browser again, it is permanently poof! And then I have to reinvent the wheel. Arghhhh!

I have learned to copy and paste from my word processor if my post is long. When I stay with the posting box if I'm working on a shorter post, I've learned to "select all" and then "copy" frequently as I go along so as to help with the poof! problem. But sometimes I forget to do that. Poof! happens.

I have to go back in and edit a lot to adjust format.

Posting on OH on an iPad is a big pain in the you know what! Though I do remember the days when the iPad didn't work at all.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Mary Catherine
on 1/15/14 10:40 pm

Hi Annie,

You are right that the older Apple operating systems did not play well with sites like OH.  The interaction is still not perfect, but there is a big improvement both on Apple and Android systems, now that they support a Text format.

AnneGG
on 1/15/14 9:26 pm

I sent notice of this thread to Member Services.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

jeterway
on 1/15/14 10:14 pm

Have you tried using chrome?  I have had better results when using chrome on my iPad recently.  I haven't even tried safari lately.  Chrome was also bad right after the launch but does seem better now.

Cunning_Pam
on 1/15/14 10:41 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

When posting from my phone I use the mobile version of Chrome. No help.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

AnneGG
on 1/15/14 10:28 pm

While I'm at it with these iPad questions, how come PMs post with little squares everywhere in them? Also, the forward button rarely works, and if it does, the original message isn't included in the message box.

Most Active