Gurgling

celtic7irish
on 1/17/14 12:13 am

Hello! This is my first time here, and while I plan on asking my surgeon as well, I figured I might as well try and ask my question here, if only to see if others have this problem and have suggestions.

I had my surgery done just under 1 month ago, the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Pretty much right away, I started having a gurgling sensation in my chest area.  It doesn't seem to coincide with meals, exactly, and can happen even while I'm just sipping at liquids.  I don't feel pain, but it is very uncomfortable, and makes me reluctant to eat or drink anything, which I know is even worse.

I'm just wondering if this gurgling and discomfort is because of something I'm eating or not eating.  I'm following the post-op diet, and am currently on pureed foods, though I often find myself falling back to broths and cream soups in an effort to figure out how to stop it.

So if anybody could tell me if this is normal, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

gtrdyfor50
on 1/17/14 3:45 am
RNY on 10/08/13
The gurgling is very normal and will go on for months, at least for me it has. I believe that for some people, goes on for years. Totally normal.

Most Active