back pain 10 yrs post op

martin1945
on 1/17/14 3:23 am

Just wondering if anyone has has bad lower back pain 10 years after surgery and what it could be, went to er and they found kidney stone top of my right kidney but said i shouldn't be in this much pain due to location of stone

jimjayhawk
on 1/17/14 8:51 am
RNY on 02/10/13

Had an RNY on 2/10/13... I've suffered lower back pain for the past 25 yrs... have around 5 different back problems... kidney stones... found out 6 months ago my left hip was full of arthritis and bone spurs. Had a total hip replacement on 12/16/13... haven't had any significant back pain since. 

I'm no Dr, nor do I play one on TV, but it might be worth checking out the various possibilities... 

Hislady
on 1/17/14 9:21 am - Vancouver, WA

I've had kidney stones 2 x in my life and I tell you they were 100 times worse than my natural child birth! The absolute WORST pain I've ever had. That said not everything that goes wrong with us is due to our weight loss surgery. Depending on your age it could well be arthritis or a host of other things. Start with your primary care doc and go from there for testing to see what could be causing the pain. Good luck!

TurnThePage
on 1/17/14 9:22 am

It may have nothing to do with your surgery.  Have you started working with your doctor to finding out what is causing the pain?

J. Lugo
on 1/17/14 10:37 pm

could be internal hernia i  your intestines go back  to your surgeon 

Jennifer M.
on 1/20/14 3:22 am - Casper, WY

I agree with TurnThePage, it could be something that has nothing to do with surgery.  I am 10 years post-op also and started having severe lower back pain in November.  The MRI shows two herniated discs that are sitting on my sciatic nerve causing leg pain and weakness along with the back issues.  I am going in for surgery next week to get it corrected.

I have no idea what caused it and the doctor said it could have been something as simple as picking up one the grandkids incorrectly. 

Good luck in finding answers.

Most Active