revision

sandi68
on 1/17/14 6:24 am

I had RNY surgery in Feb 2003, I did great lost 101 lbs but since 2010 I have gain 50 lbs back due depression and PTSD.  I have gotten my life back on track and now I am considering revision.  Can anyone give me advise or tell me a doctor in upstate SC that does this procedure?

TurnThePage
on 1/17/14 9:21 am

Rather than a surgical revision, it may be more useful to get to the root of the problems and behaviors that have caused the weight gain and get treatment for those, including medication if necessary. You have to do the head work before you can be successful with the weight loss or it will be an exercise in futility.  Then get back on your post op food and exercise program and see how well you do.

Good for you for getting back on track!   

Amy R.
on 1/17/14 1:44 pm

What the previous poster said.

Or, if  you're determined to go with a revision, look up WLS docs in South Carolina for yourself.  We don't know anymore about them than you do.

You might also want to do some research, as there are several different kinds of revisions.  There is a Revision Forum here on OH.  Maybe starting there would help.  Posting your questions on the RnY Forum would probably also get you more feedback than  you're likely to get here on the Main Board.

Most Active