WEDNESDAY GRATEFUL POST

Vivian Prouty
on 1/28/14 9:47 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Good Wednesday Everyone,

Hope your having a good week and are excited that today is the middle of the week or hump day.     Today I am so grateful for my morning coffee.     Before my WLS I never drank coffee......WOW was I ever missing out.   LOL   I use to have a Dr. Pepper instead.    LOL   No more soft drinks for me since my WLS.     I am SO grateful  for my WLS and the journey that I have been on with it for the last 8+ yrs.     Grateful for my family, friends, Obesity Help, all the forums and the people on them.    Grateful that the people seeking WLS today have so many choices of different surgeries.    8 short years ago I had  2 choices....lapband or RNY.     WOW how times have changed.    They were just beginning to do the Sleeve then but not covered by insurance or at least mine yet.     Grateful for waking up today and for my life.   PLEASE share if you will what you are grateful for today.    Have a blessed day.

Hugs and blessings ~~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

BelinKSBelinda
on 1/28/14 10:52 pm

Good morning.  I am new to OH.  Sadly, I cannot get bariatric surgery because no bariatric surgery is covered nor any weight loss programs are covered under any Obamacare plan.  I am having to lose weight on my own once again.  Did you have to have any skin removal surgeries?  I am going to have to.  I had a bad breast reduction that left me with rolls of skin under my arms that make wearing a bra painful, now that I have lost 60lbs, it is even more painful.  I started at 275lbs and am now 215lbs.  48.7 BMI to 38.1 BMI.  I also have a fold of skin and fat on my abdomen that cause very frequent itchy rashes and painful irritation.  I need these removed for medical reasons.  I won't even try until I've lost most or all of the rest of the weight I need to lose.  About 100lbs.  I don't want to chance them coming back when I lose the rest of my weight.  Do you have any personal advice about doing this?  I also need to know what other skin removal I may want after the weight is gone?  I am 42 and have no wrinkles, will I end up with wrinkles when the weight is off?  I know peers know a lot more from personal experience rather than professionals who have never gone through this. Thank you for any advice you can give me.

sincerely,

Belinda

Most Active