Buring/Pinching Pain

mandyleeb1981
on 1/30/14 8:38 pm - MA
RNY on 01/16/14

Good Morning,

I am new to this website, I had Gastric Bypass on Jan 16th, 2014 and I am having this really weird pain/burning sensation in my abdomen under the main incision.  The incision itself does not hurt, it feels like it is inside my abdomen wall... It is difficult to explain the pain but I was wondering if anyone else had experinced this.  Many I have spoken to told me the pain is normal.. (this is a different kind of pain)  It feels constant at times... and I feel like when I stand up and walk something is pinching and burning.. 

Any advice or others who have experienced this would be extrememly helpful!

Thank you so much!!

Mandy

jondakay
on 1/30/14 9:48 pm

I had RNY12/16/13. I didn't have much pain until I overdid it 3 weeks post op. (I did and exercise ball workout). Anyhow I paid for it the next 2 weeks. It was a burning stabbing pain that increased with movement. I was concerned, it was different but I didn't have any other symptoms (no fever, no nausea, vomiting, drainage from my incision, etc). With time it just went away.It was bothersome for a time period. 

As long as you dont have any other symptoms, ride it out and see what happens (unless other symptoms develop). You could always call your surgeon and see what they say. Remember its only been 2 weeks since you had a major abdominal surgery; it takes time to heal. 

Hope that helps

glady
on 1/30/14 10:13 pm

I've had that pain couple times near my belly button inscision and one time it was very close and I freaked and went to the emergency room. Turnd out to be nothing. I just irritated the muscles underneath when I tried to work out at only two weeks out. Gotta remember that your abdominal muscles are swiss cheese at the moment. Its hard not to cause some irritation because you also use your abdominal muscles for everything even getting out of bed or chair. Just take your pain meds and try not to move around to much for a day. 

AnneGG
on 1/30/14 10:26 pm

Please check with your doctor- we aren't doctors here, all we can share is our personal experiences. Your pain could be happening for any number of different reasons, probably minor as a result of healing (remember your insides have been cut, too) and perhaps major.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

ktbrickey
on 2/1/14 8:26 am - NC
VSG on 01/27/14

Always a good idea to check with your doctor, just a phone call.  But sounds like just the underside of your incision is healing and the nerve endings are healing.  Nerves that are distrubed, damaged and/or healing can cause the feeling/sensation you are feeling.

Hope this helps.

Most Active