After surgery!

Sleeve_dream
on 1/31/14 11:03 pm

How long did you all who had the surgery stay out of work due to the surgery? I know it depends on the person and job duties but I'm just looking for an overall estimate.

mustlovepoodles
on 1/31/14 11:27 pm
VSG on 12/31/13

3weeks. I could have gone back at 2, since i have a desk job but i was still working out my meds, vits,food, and fluids. I felt like i just needed that extra week.

HW: 229 ; SW: 208 (-21);  GW: 125

Wt. Loss:   M1: 189 -(19)  M2: 178 (-11)  M3: 172 (-5)  M4: 170 (-2)  M5: 166 (-4)

TexasTerritory
on 2/1/14 1:05 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I took four weeks to enjoy recovery. I napped and developed my routine. I did well at home and had time to determine how to pack my lunches for work. I am very active while at work. I had no problems after four weeks off.

AnneGG
on 2/1/14 1:32 am

I took 4 weeks, too. Grateful I didn't have to rush back!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Valerie G.
on 2/1/14 1:44 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I had 8 weeks off after my open DS.  I'm a corporate trainer, so I'm very active and traveling, too.  I was very happy for the first 6 weeks, and enjoyed the final two just feeling like myself before returning to work.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

TrishSchline
on 2/1/14 3:48 am

I was out for two weeks and then returned with desk duty. Was slow moving but capable.

Sleeve_dream
on 2/1/14 8:17 am

I work in retail and spend 0 time at my desk given 99% of my job duties are to be on the floor to drive the business and monitor my staff. I don't do a lot of lifting but occasionally I have to life ladders. I really hope I do not have to be out longer than 2 weeks. 

QoftheU
on 2/1/14 5:09 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

I was off for 17 days - and went to work as a very busy high school teacher with NO problems.  But I'm lucky - always been a really fast healer.  Everyone's different!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Dcgirl
on 2/1/14 7:09 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I was out one week but I did do some work at home that first week. I easily went back to my office seven days after surgery. Everyone's experience is different however, so it's hard to say. I went into it with a lot of weight to lose but no comorbidities, and a really really positive attitude :) and seven weeks out I can't remember when I felt better, and I am down 42 lbs in seven weeks. We got this! :)

ktbrickey
on 2/1/14 8:20 am - NC
VSG on 01/27/14

I have not returned to work yet, as I am not a week out from surgery.  Dr. will allow to return at one week, but I have taken 2 weeks off.  At this point I am glad that I did.  I am still experiencing a lot of gas from where they have to blow you up to have enough room to look move around inside.  The gas seems to be hanging around in my chest cavity and can be uncomfortable at times.  I also wanted to be sure that I was getting in my fluids like I needed to before returning.

Good Luck,

Karen

Most Active