Surgery fast approaching

LisaAnn64
on 2/1/14 2:18 am - Saginaw, MI

I'm handling the pre-op diet better then I thought I would.  Five days to go till my surgery and i've lost 10 lbs so far.  I'm still very nervous, but I think its because we lost my husbands father due to a blood clot after knee surgery a few years ago.  Can some of you share how you got over the nervousness, or what helped?  I'm sure by Wednesday night i'm going to be a wreck LOL

mkvand
on 2/1/14 8:15 am
VSG on 01/06/14 with

I've had enough surgeries that my VSG didn't scare me.  To address your specific fear, clots, you should know that they give you anti-clotting medicine in your IV.  They also put wrappings on your legs.  Depending on your risk factors and your surgeon's preference, they may send you home with anti-clotting medications as well.  You can greatly reduce your risk of clotting by getting up to walk as soon as possible after surgery, and continuing to walk every hour you're awake.  It doesn't have to be very far, but it will keep your blood moving. 

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

Nannan
on 2/1/14 1:23 pm

I was given shots several times a day of heprin a blood thinner. Plus had surgical stockings. The more you move the better off you are. It helps from clotting moves the trapped gas and relieves soreness. Best thing I can tell you is WALK WALK WALK. 

Most Active