Please help I had my RYN surgery 6 months ago not to lose any weight for two weeks

Amymay2
on 2/1/14 5:57 am

Hi I have lost 110 pounds in almost 6 months but I haven't lost any weight in 2 week. Is this normal or has anyone had this happen before!

ajrober2
on 2/1/14 6:38 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12

I had the duodenal switch Nov. 1, 2012.  I hit many stalls along the way - my longest being a whole month.  I found it helpful to only weigh myself once a month.  It eases the anxiety of feeling the need to lose every week.  Sometimes the body just needs a break from losing.  As long as you're doing what you're supposed to do with vitamins, water, activity and food, it's normal to not experience weight loss every single week.

Amymay2
on 2/1/14 7:21 am

Thank you I was just concerned because I have been doing so well and following doctor order food water activity. So it likely stall or a plateau.

poet_kelly
on 2/1/14 6:39 am - OH

It's very normal and almost everyone has had that happen before.  It's very common to go for a couple weeks or a month or more without losing anything.  It is called a stall or a plateau.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Amymay2
on 2/1/14 7:19 am

Thank you I was just concerned because I have been doing so well and following doctor order food water activity. So it likely stall or a plateau.

TurnThePage
on 2/1/14 9:42 am

Stalls are inevitable and the only amazing thing is that you haven't had a bunch of them before now.  If you search Stalls at the top right of the page, you'll see a zillion threads about them.

mollz007
on 2/1/14 3:24 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

Wow 110 pounds in 6 months is awesome!I'm sure your body is just adjusting to the rapid change...not to worry! 

check out my blog!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/1/14 10:45 pm - OH

At six months out, you should expect (and your surgeon should have told you to expect) your weight loss to slow significantly about this time.  It will happen again as you get close to a year out.  It is a combination of your body overcoming the caloric malabsorption of the bypass, and of you weighing much less (which makes your daily caloric deficit much smaller than when you started, and therefore it takes longer to lose a pound).

It is nothing to worry about.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active