Quick! watch the Today show

Mariposa
on 5/10/05 10:25 pm - Janesville, WI
In a few moments the Today show is going to talk about WLS patients who are not happy after surgery....
lovecolby
on 5/10/05 10:47 pm - pascoag, RI
I haven't had my surgery yet so i was a little leary abou****ching it. So accutally it wasen't about the surgery itself. I've said it before i'am glad i live alone.
lovecolby
on 5/10/05 10:48 pm - pascoag, RI
did the other two women ever say which kind of surgery they had?
Therese C.
on 5/10/05 11:18 pm - Dallas, TX
Donna, Tell me what they say....I'm at work. Thanks. T
Jeanie A.
on 5/10/05 11:18 pm
The entire article that prompted the Today Show story can be found at newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/health/features/11958/index.html I applaud these women for having the courage to discuss their lives in front of the world.
Debbie P.
on 5/11/05 12:01 am - Kettering, OH
I read the article that started this interest for the Today Show. I found this interesting, but I didn't know it: "One in 200 patients dies within 30 days of gastric-bypass surgery, by far the most common procedure; one in 100 dies from the duodenal switch, the most radical. Gastric banding, the least mutilating procedure, is by far the safest, with a mortality rate of just 0.1 percent." I thought the odds about death were the same for RNY and DS. Am I wrong? Debbie -
loladarling
on 5/11/05 2:21 am - New York, NY
Debbie, I was surprised by the DS statistic in the article, too. I'm not sure if it is true. It would be nice if the reporter noted her sources. lt
LindaKM
on 5/11/05 12:52 am - Longview, TX
Good Morning all.. I watched the end of the Today Show in reference to the WLS patients who were three women who had Bariatric Surgery and gathered the most important issue is the emotional issue of the weight loss and that is why it is important to continue seeing a Psychologist even after the surgery. I think that would be helpful to me to continue seeing a Psych due to this problem. So many people have this surgery and don't realize the big change that they will be going thru emotionally until it actually takes place. That is just my feelings and wanted to respond to this. I think all three women looked happy due to having this surgery and Al Roker is 3 years post op and still looks great. As with any major surgery as we have all stated, a person can die from complications. I was having major complications before I chose this surgery so I felt this was the only way to save my life.. or at least get my life back healthwise. Some of you may differ but I couldn't do it alone the more obese I got. Hope all have a great day today. Taking it one day at a time!
Most Active