Reborn February 19th

Torin34
on 2/21/14 11:32 pm, edited 2/21/14 11:37 pm

This one goes out to everyone who was sleeved this week. How are you guys feeling? How is everyone holding up? I'm feeling good, had a couple of incidents with a couple of coughs but aside from that all is great. I personally decided to come over to my mom's house to do my recovery. I have two beautiful and extremely active kids at home, so decided it would be best to stay with momma. Tough decision, believe me but like my six year old son said, " dad, you need to get better fast so we can play together again" SO YEAH!! Anyone having trouble with protein intake. I can't seem to fit it all. I had an idea to make them into Popsicles, I think this might just help.

AnneGG
on 2/22/14 12:25 am, edited 2/22/14 12:26 am

Just give it time- you will feel better each day. Sip sip sip- hydration is the most important thing at first. And walk as much as you can.

I think both you and your family are going to be happy!

You might want to check out the sleeve forum here.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

KellyH67
on 2/22/14 2:07 am - Richmond, VA
VSG on 02/19/14

Congratulations!!!  I had my sleeve done on the 19th, too!  My only glitch was that they found a hiatal hernia and fixed that.  Never knew I had it.  And I did have one bought of bad pain Thursday afternoon, but with some anti-nausea meds and a nice dose of Dialudid, that was fixed in 5 minutes and I've been feeling pretty well ever since.  I've been managing to get most of the protein in and about half of the liquids…but if you add that up…that's pretty good according to my surgeon.  He said that for the first month, liquids is the most important things…getting the protein in will come with time.

I don't seem to have a hard time with bigger sips, but I'm trying to teach myself to take smaller ones so as not to create an air bubble.  Burps aren't hurting me (because Lord knows I've been doing that a lot these last few days), but it's a bit uncomfortable.  And making sure that I only take 30-45 minutes for a meal and then finished or not, that's it till the next one.  

How are you finding the protein drinks?  They're not too bad so far.  I'm drinking some banana flavored one from The Vitamin Shoppe right now.  I'd buy it again…but only as something different.  I did get my shipment of Syntrax nectars yesterday.  I don't know what they taste like…but the packaging is awfully eye catching!  And unless I'm reading it wrong…talk about cheap!  I got 12 packages for $13.99 including shipping and each package is 4 servings!   

Well, hope you get better fast like your son says!  I've got to get better fast not to play with my kids…but to drive the youngest around to after school stuff and the mall!  LOL!  At least my older daughter (they're 14 and 16) can drive her sometimes.  My husband works a lot, so he can't help that much in that department.

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection.  Excellence I can reach for.  Perfection I leave up to God."  Michael J. Fox

elisenacole_1rules
on 2/22/14 7:33 am, edited 2/22/14 7:34 am

I was sleeved the 19th as well, and I feel pretty darn good, just move slowly when ive been sitting or laying for a bit... Ive been trying to walk around at least 20 minutes a few times a day, every since surgery day. yesterday almost 2 hours out and about, then came home and needed a nap. (im NOT a napper!) but it was nice. Im not sure if anyone else has tried this, but after my tummy has a week to heal, im going to incorporate liquid egg whites into all my cold/cool shakes. Tons of protein, and no taste or smell, no color. they are the consistency of water, so use half egg whites and half water for your powder shakes 'recipes'. Only using pasturized double filtered egg whites to make sure they are safe to consume raw. the ones I like(I tried them before surgery even) come in a paper type carton, like soymilk or almond milk comes in. I promise you there is NO TASTE, I was blown away. :-) I hope anyone reading researches a bit on this and finds it to be helpful getting all your protein in! :-)

Scribbler
on 2/22/14 9:50 am

HOLY PANCAKES

PROTEIN POPSICLES

I gotta try that!!! *grabs Isopure and the popsicle maker*

Most Active