Dizzy/Sweating Spells

Nickory8
on 2/25/14 3:07 am

Anybody else out there have spells occasionally where you feel dizzy/light headed and get very sweaty??  This happens to me once in a while and I would love to know what you all think it is 

Nickory8
on 2/25/14 3:10 am

Also, once it is over, I sometimes feel extremely tired...

JenniPenny
on 2/25/14 4:08 am - MN

It's probably some kind of hypoglycemia. Either regular or rebound. I get that and it's from eating something with carbs in it-even a cracker- and my protein goes down. I eat cheese stick(s) or peanut butter

cracker and it goes away. Find out what yours is - too much sugar, not enough, whatever. Expiriment and see what works for you. It sounds like you need to eat and have spiked. Do you eat carbs or sugar at the meal before this happens? My friend gets them if she has milk or ice cream. Gets light headed dizzy and falls asleep for a bit. Find out what you eat before and try to have something to combat that.

Check with your doc if it keeps happening. Find a glucose meter and test yourself for a while to see what number you're at.

jen 13 yrs post op RNY

Nickory8
on 2/25/14 4:58 am

Thank you very much.  I will definitely try to watch what I eat at that time.  From what I noticed it seems to happen after I have eaten something not good for me especially if I don't eat anything else.  Today it was cookies.  It doesnt happen that much to me but I will star****ching my sugar intake again and see if that helps.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/25/14 5:21 am

RH. Reactive hypoglycemia

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Valerie G.
on 2/26/14 3:53 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I had dizzy spells, and it was my blood pressure going WAY too low.  I'm much more liberal with sodium nowadays and no more problems.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active