new to this journey

judyjwilson
on 2/25/14 1:11 pm

Hi, my name is Judy and I am one month out of my Gastric Sleeve Surgery. This has been a whole new journey for me and I am finding it to be harder than expected. I would love to make some new life long friends and support each other along our journey to a healthier us. Any suggestions, recipes, and tips would be kindly appreciated. Good luck to everyone on their wls and journey.

Calaska
on 2/25/14 4:20 pm - AK
VSG on 08/18/14

Welcome to OH!  I am fairly new too, and am pre-op. I've already learned a ton from these guys. Have you checked out the VGS forum?  How are you doing on your new journey?  

58 yo female, 5'9" HW: 297 SW: 285  Surgery W: 252. CW: 224.8 GW: 160        

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. ~ Frederick Douglass

Tracy D.
on 2/25/14 10:28 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Hi Judy - I'm a fellow VSGer and give this website a big "thumbs up" for helping me get to maintenance.   Please check out the surgery-specific VSG board as I think you'll find a lot of helpful questions/answers.  Also, make liberal use of the search function (magnifying glass on upper-right side) to research old posts as many of the things you are wondering about have been asked and answered.  Sometimes a LOT of times :-)  

Welcome to the club! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

maxrobison2002
on 2/28/14 7:48 am
VSG on 01/22/14

Hi Judy, my name is Maxine, i just had my sleeve done one Jan 22, 2014.  Are you on the puree diet still, I just came off that, have you tried getting some coffee flavors (sugar free) and put into the protein drinks, I even now do a coffee (decaf) soy, fat free half and half (tablespoon) and coffee flavor and scoop of powder in my latte maker, even my daughter likes it.  I also keep a lot of sugar free jello and fat free whip topping around in case i get a sweet craving.  I agree this is a journey and new chapter in my life, since last year i have lost a total of 55 lbs and off 3 medications.  Since the surgery tho only lost about 11 lbs but i am on a plateau and thats expected.  Try a routine of meals too so you get used to what you are doing, helps me.  Best of luck to you.  Max

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/28/14 9:37 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Hi and welcome! :)

I agree that checking out the VSG board is a great idea, you can read back a few pages and see what others have been through. There are people from all stages there-- pre-op, newly-sleeved, early recovery (including myself, I'm 11 weeks out), and some veterans who've seen it all!

If you're looking for recipes, I highly recommend checking out Eggface's blog, there are some awesome ideas over there.

Feel free to send me a request or a PM with questions or anything, I'm glad to help however I can!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active