Help for New mexican!?

jessicake
on 2/25/14 8:24 pm - albuquerque, NM

I currently have Presbyterian, Centennial Care Insurance & have been told that I am approved for weight loss surgery.

My doctor wants me to go to a seminar held by the Las Palmas/Del Sol hospital, but I'm hearing the surgery will be in TEXAS!?

I do not know how this works, I'm majorly confused.

Has anyone in New Mexico actually had or will have the Gastric Sleeve IN NEW MEXICO?

Also, I'm confused about how this insurance covers surgery out of state.

RANT: My doctor does not want me to have WLS and is being snooty, says that I'm so young and if I have to wait 3 - 4 years to get half the weight off through diet and exercise then that's great in her eyes.

Sure.. I'm young. But not a baby; I have had my weight keep me from living my life for 22 years! I have been overweight my since birth.

I am extremely exhausted, I just want the weight off so I can hold a job, finish school & grow up!!

I'd like to just blend in for once.. I'm tired of hearing mothers tell their children not to call me "big"... Or my favorite: Hearing someone call me pretty/cute/beautiful, ect.. FOR A BIG GIRL.

END RANT lol

As you can tell, I'm desperate. I've finally got approved and now I'm panicking. Does anyone know any bariatric surgeons that will take my insurance?!

PLEASE + a gracious thank you to all!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/14 1:37 am
Gwen M.
on 2/26/14 3:11 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I would also recommend calling your insurance company.  They can give you a list of in-network doctors in your area and what their requirements are in order to have the surgery.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

planetswifey
on 8/11/14 5:55 pm

I am not sure if you got your surgery but i am going to las cruses in the prosses of getting approved.  i am scared to get denied.... how did you get approved so fast prior to going to a surgen???

Most Active