What To Expect

TXENCSWIFE
on 2/25/14 10:51 pm, edited 2/25/14 10:55 pm

Hello, I'm new to the site.

I have a appointment in the morning for a orientation for the Gastic Sleeve. What shall I expect??

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/14 11:30 pm
TXENCSWIFE
on 2/27/14 5:27 am

HOLY MOLY!

I had lap band 5 years ago well long story short they had to remove it. I lost 85 pounds. Well I have gained it backed and now trying for the sleeve. So the  Baraitic Nurse , Nutritionist, Physicist and Doctor all came in to talk to us today.

It was a class of 15 or of us.  They honestly kinda made me feel like I was a loser. They wanted to know why I put back on the weight and did you know Stress in not a option B****op it off my husband is Active Duty so I have to use these Drs.

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/14 6:32 am
Tracy D.
on 2/26/14 12:57 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome!  You may want to check out the surgery-specific site for VSG; a lot more people who've had that surgery post there every day.  

I would also suggest checking out the specific sites for RNY and DS, just so you have good information about other options out there for you too.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

TXENCSWIFE
on 2/27/14 5:28 am

Thank you

poet_kelly
on 2/26/14 1:16 am - OH

You can call the place where you have the appointment and ask what to expect.  It might be different for different surgeon's offices.  I didn't go to any kind of orientation, myself.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

TXENCSWIFE
on 2/27/14 5:31 am

It was a 4 hour talk on different kinds of surgery. The Nurse, Nutritionist, Physicist and Doctor came in put in a little info.

thye had us do chest xrays, EKGs and Fasting labs for in the morning. Told me it could take up to 6 months.

Lauren Vento
on 2/26/14 3:19 am - Lake Elsinore, CA
VSG on 09/08/12

Not being sure what you've already done, I would say to expect some weight loss classes, a few tips on how to prepare for surgery, and a few tests to be scheduled to make sure you're healthy enough for surgery. 

Congratulations and GOOD LUCK!

Certified Life Coach & WLS Support Coach

TXENCSWIFE
on 2/27/14 5:34 am

ThankYou !

HOLY MOLY!

I had lap band 5 years ago well long story short they had to remove it. I lost 85 pounds. Well I have gained it backed and now trying for the sleeve. So the Baraitic Nurse , Nutritionist, Physicist and Doctor all came in to talk to us today.

It was a class of 15 or of us. They honestly kinda made me feel like I was a loser. They wanted to know why I put back on the weight and did you know Stress in not a option  BTW...  And to top it off my husband is Active Duty so I have to use these Drs.

Most Active